GEM

GEM
Gail Mebane - Educationalist @Large

Saturday, June 11, 2011

PE2_iMovie



I don’t expect to become an expert after just this one training course but, I have access now to a great springboard to work from in honing my skills.  The tutorial was an eye opening experience that covered topics such as the “Ken Burns effect”, transitions, text, picture in picture and side by side, as well as, green and blue screen effects.  I learned how to make color adjustments and how to work with audio.  I was shown how to add music and sound effects and background sounds.  In addition, the use of ducking of audio (reducing the sound of background audio or music to highlight the spoken or focus track) and beat markers were introduced and explained.  The pictures above, from the second third of the tutorial guide the student through the process of how to add text to the video and how to create smooth transitions.  I found the Lynda.com tutorial to be very comprehensive and well paced.  I particularly liked the instructor’s enthusiastic tone of voice and his pacing throughout the course.  The course was broken down into manageable segments and not a minute wasted. Be on the look out for my next video production.  I can hardly wait to put all of this into practice in my next video!

No comments:

Post a Comment