GEM

GEM
Gail Mebane - Educationalist @Large

Sunday, January 22, 2012

MAC Wk 3-5: Wimba Post -- THE ART OF POSSIBILITY

Image from Morgue File:  http://morguefile.com/archive/display/24627


The Wimba session this week was very informative.  I enjoyed the review of the text, The Art of Possibility and the questions that made me think about what would be most beneficial to me from the text and what would be a great take-away as I move forward to the culmination of the EMDT MS program and beyond.  It is my opinion that the book, The Art of Possibility transcends the average self help/think and be book in that it provides food for thought and introspection, rather than a cookie cutter routine of positive thinking.  It forces the reader to look inward, to become more reflective and to apply the examples and exercises provided to their own lives.  It was very interesting to see my classmates responses to the questions posed regarding the text.  I think that my best take away from the book is from Chapter six on Rule Number 6, not to take yourself too seriously.  Injecting comic relief is sometimes the best medicine to cure any situation.  I have heard of teachers being so stressed out, they were at the point of heart attacks and death.  One teacher I worked with was so stressed out that he died grading papers in the teacher's lounge.  If he had observed Rule Number 6, it may have saved his life.

The information provided about the upcoming week's activities, including the presentation during the Wimba session next Wednesday was very valuable.  It gave me an overview of what to expect and to prepare for as I work on my presentation.  Also, the description of our substitute Jason as a lively person makes the anticipation of the presentation session more enjoyable.  Finally, the information about the month 12 activities was extremely helpful as, a lot was clarified and demystified.  I particularly appreciate the encouragement to keep up the pace and not to relax because of the seemingly lighter upcoming month 12 schedule.  Thank you Professor Joe!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that the info was useful to you. Please don't overstress over this stuff.

    ReplyDelete