GEM

GEM
Gail Mebane - Educationalist @Large

Sunday, January 29, 2012

MAC Wk 4-4: Leadership Project Post -- GETTING PUBLISHED!

Image retrieved from Morgue File


"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"
 - - Chinese Proverb

As part of the Leadership Project, I have prepared an article for publication, based on my CBR project.  The focus of my CBR project and the article is motivation.  This was my area of focus because most of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) students I teach are highly intrinsically motivated to achieve their goals.  They are motivated by the desire to communicate well and thereby advance themselves in their new surroundings.  My premise was, that if the students were able to harness the power of new media, it would ensure their success.  With these ideas in mind, I devised a Challenge Based Research project to inspire and challenge a target audience of six students to seek out new media resources that would assist them in their language learning endeavors.  Their search was a self directed, independent inquiry and discovery activity that empowered the students to become confident in their ability to conduct research, gather resources and apply new media language learning tools to learn on their own.   I have decided to share my article by submitting it for publication to the Educational Technology Research and Development Journal as my first choice.  


My second choice is the journal, Language Learning & Technology.  Please read Leadership Project Post #3 (link below) for details on why I chose these two publications. 



The following are links to my previous posts describing the progression of my Leadership Project:




Independent learning and lifelong learning are particular areas of interest for me.  I believe that teaching and learning should not begin and end in the classroom.  Teaching and learning opportunities are all around us.  Moreover, new media has added a brilliant dimension to the learning scenario and it offers amazing opportunities for those who are willing to seek them out and use them.  My article may be viewed here:


 



1 comment: